Attawaugan: site of one of the earliest cotton mills in NE Connecticut - The Stone Chapel Manufacturing Co. In 1825, Jabez Amesbury and Leonard Ballou purchased a grist mill in the general area of St. Anneís, thus the name Ballouville. The present day Ballouville Factory was erected in the 1860ís. The Pineville Mill was the 3rd factory owned by the Attawaugan Mfg. Co. on the Five Mile River during the 1800ís.