The name of this mill village has changed twice: from Williamsville to Goodyear in 1916 and from Goodyear to Rogers in 1954. Situated adjacent to the Quinebaug River, this mill was fully equipped to make cloth from bales of cotton. Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. produced cotton duck for rubber tires in Rogers, and the company prospered during WWI. Rogers Company has owned and occupied the mill since 1935. The hurricane of 1955 destroyed many 19th century mill houses in the village.